Go Daddy Deal of the Week: Get 15% off your order! Offer expires 6/5/12

Monday, June 4, 2012

Why Slavery isn't an Option


Why Slavery isn’t an Option


In 1932, Franklin D. Roosevelt said,

Any Government, like any family, can for a year spend a little more than it earns. But you and I know that a continuance of that habit means the poorhouse.”

I’m proud to be an American. I’m also immensely proud of the nation of my birth. You may often hear me quip, “Irish by birth, American by choice!” In my adopted nation’s history, slavery had provided economic growth to the states of the South in their push to produce the world's cotton in the years before the Civil War. This is well known and the War to End Slavery cost the lives of more Americans than any other conflict. Yet in our nation today a slimy, sinister slavery exists that chains its victims to years of low interest loans that even bankruptcy won’t allow you to escape from!

I’m interested in making money, (you'll eventually find a link to my book somewhere on this blog) yet the motivations of others who want to enslave your future in the form of student loans want to gather their interest from your bank accounts for many years to come has potentially devastating effects on your future. If you’d like to give away your money that’s up to you, but I’d rather have it to use for something better. Even if that’s going down to Domino’s and getting myself a pizza!

I’m not advocating a Ramen Noodles Lifestyle here but there are ways, legal and often unknown ways, to cut a quarter of the cost of your education.  Yes, you do need that degree and this journey began for me by chance. (Although I don’t think chance had much part in it.) I clicked on a webpage almost a year ago, and then clicked a link similar to one or two you’ll see on my page from time to time.  It took me to a site that told me how I could get my degree for about $15,000 instead of the $40,000 that most people expect to pay.  This sounded too good to be true although it actually is true. This company/ministry makes a profit charging those who sign up a fee per year to act as an intermediary between their students and colleges who accept their service.

They also counsel you or your child and pray for them as they go through their degree.  I’m not interested in what you believe or why, although if we do chat it might come up in conversation because I do have faith and practice it as best I can, but I’m not interested in paying someone for a service that gives me counsel and prayer.  I say my own prayers daily and I’d be glad to pray for you if you’d ask me to, but I wouldn’t, on principle, chat to you and pray for you while getting paid by you. That seems a little strange to me.  Obviously I put my pennies in the collection plate on Sundays and if I attend synagogue, which I’ve been known to do, I may even throw a few dollars in the pot, but you won’t find me praying for money.  Maybe someday we’ll sit down and chat about substitutionary atonement, but I’ll be buying the coffee because I’m not interested in profiting financially from my faith.

What I’m selling!  Is very simple: a step-by-step approach to reducing college fees and gaining college credit for less.  You won’t be paying me to get your credit and you won’t even be buying very much from me if you happen to be reading this blog and haven’t purchased the book (somewhere on this site J !!!)  What I’m going to do is ask you to join me in gaining College Credit for Less so that slavery to loans isn’t an necessity. You can do that by reducing your college fees up to a maximum of 25% at whatever college you choose. (Well, almost whatever college you choose) It’s a secret not many people know or they don’t see the reward in finding out what in my next post will explain how,

over 2500 Colleges in America award credit this way!

So join me on the journey to gaining an education that won’t cost you payments in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment